Friday 7 May 2010

Bento goddies!

I bought some lovely bento goodies from http://www.japancentre.com/ last week and they arrived yesterday! It was very, very exciting!


So this morning I embarked on making something kawaii bento for me to eat for lunch.

I first cooked some Korean sushi rice (which is all they had in the Chinese supermarket that I visited on Wednesday) – Sadly I burnt the bottom of the pan with it as I was getting ready for work at the same time which was not a good idea. But although the bottom layer was stuck to the pan the top was fine to I removed it and put it into my brand new Daiso Heart Onigiri Paddle and made my rice into a cute heart shape and put it in a pink paper cupcake case.

I also used some of my new Obento Picks and put some avocado on them along with putting some Japanese tamari sauce in one of my new Animal Shaped Sauce Bottle.

Oh and I added a tiny square of nori on the top of the rice heart as I read yesterday that there should always be something black in a bento box to make it look visually exciting! I’ve got to say that I did find the Nori seaweed difficult to cut. I’m guessing that’s why people use little cutters to do it as every time I tried to cut a rectangle of Nor it would split.

Unfortunately in my haste and hurry I have not really packed enough for me to eat today so will have to nip to the shop and get something else to go with it!

I’ve not done a great job I know but next time I’m going to get up earlier and pay attention to my rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment